Q: What do you mean by hand-painted?
A: I take optic white silk and or wool, and, using fine paintbrushes paint acid-based dyes onto it. Once it dries and sets for 24 hrs., I set the dyes by a special process of steaming the fabric for several hours. Then, I let it set for at least 24 hrs. Finally, I rinse the fabric to remove any excess dyes. Then, the resulting fabric is ready to be sewn into beautiful clothes and accessories, each one made with love and care, especially for you.
Q: How do I care for these garments? Do I have to dry clean them?
Q: I bought a pre-order item. When can I expect to get it?
A: We recommend you either:
- Hand-wash separately with delicate care detergent.
- Machine wash, separately and in a garment care bag, on gentle cycle. Tumble dry low for 15-20 mins. in the garment care bag. Remove promptly. Steam or iron, if necessary.
- Dry clean, only if desired, but its not necessary. If you get a oil/grease based stain, we recommend you pre-treat it with cornstarch, or powdery dry shampoo, overnight. Then, lightly brush off excess powder before taking it to be cleaned.
A: Currently, all our in store items are pre-orders. This means it is going to be made when you order it. All pre-order items have a date ascribed to it. That is the date it will ship-by. Generally, we ask you allow up to 4 weeks. Typically, your order will be shipped before that date.
Q: How will I know the progress on my order?
A: We'll send you a ship notice via email to let you know your goodies are on their way to you. As a bonus extra, if you so request, we will tweet you to let you know we sent it. Because we're cool like that.
Q: I changed my mind and don't want my order anymore. What can I do?
A: Orders may only be cancelled within 48 hours of being placed
Q: What is your return policy?
A: Currently, we can only issue store credit as a refund.
Returns only apply to Empirical items without customization. These must be made within 7 days of receipt. You must e-mail us with the subject line Item Return [your order number].
- No refunds, returns, or exchanges on worn and/or laundered/dry-cleaned garments and accessories.
- We will replace any defective or damaged items at our cost. Meaning, we won't charge you, for our bad. Just drop us a message so we can get everything squared away ASAP!
Above all else, we want you to be happy with your purchase.
Q: What do I do if I want a custom order?
A: For customizations on items from our Empirical line, please select your customization from the menu on the product page before adding it to your shopping cart. If the customization you would like isn't available on there, please contact us BEFORE ordering.